INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
While you can browse our Site without providing personal information, we may ask you to provide us at various times and locations through the Site with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. For example, we collect your personal information if you sign up for email updates and news, fill out a form, submit a job application or otherwise contact us.
Stone may use the information collected, individually or in an aggregate form, in order to:
- Market our services;
- Manage our relationship with you and our clients;
- Send periodic emails regarding our services, staff, or relevant industry news;
- Process and respond to inquiries;
- Maintain and monitor the Site;
- Compile anonymous statistics, for example, website usage statistics;
- Fulfill our legal obligations; and
- Pursue other legitimate business purposes, such as hiring job applicants and improving user experience.
Personal Information You Provide Us
We allow users to voluntarily sign up for email news and updates on our Site using a third-party email marketing service provider (Constant Contact). By subscribing to our news and updates lists, you automatically consent to Stone’s use and storage of information, including your email address, first and last name, phone number, and company name, for marketing our services, sharing industry updates, and communicating with potential clients and current contacts. Your email address might also be added to this list if you are a current or previous client or if you provided us with your business card at a conference or event. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by contacting us directly or following the unsubscribe link in the footer of these emails.
We also collect information such as first name, last name, and email address when users fill out the contact form on our Site. We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us unless you give us permission to use it in another manner.
Finally, we collect information from you when you apply for a job using a third-party service provider, including your name, email address, phone number, and resume. If you intend to provide us with information about a prior supervisor, reference, or another third party, it is your responsibility to obtain such third party's consent to provide this information to us.
Tracking and Cookies Data
In some of our e-mail communications, we use “click-through URLs” linked to content on our Site. When users click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our Site. We track this click-through data for various purposes, including to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the e-mail messages.
Our Site contains links to third-party sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other sites. We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services you visit.
Stone does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this Site.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Stone does not sell, rent or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with notice. This does not include web hosting partners and service providers who assist us in operating our Site, marketing our services, conducting our business, or serving our clients, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may share the information we collect with other parties, including the following:
- With third-party service providers to assist us with providing and marketing our products and services, such as payment processors, data hosting services, analytics services, website support, advertising partners, and email service providers.
- With Constant Contact, to send email marketing and text message communications. For more information about how we may use your information with Constant Contact and the information that may be collected through our email campaigns, see Constant Contact’s Customer Data Notice available at https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact- data-notice.
- With any affiliates or joint venture partners that we may have in the future.
- As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding.
- If necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity.
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We are committed to safeguarding the confidentiality and privacy of personal information entrusted to us. We use an SSL Certificate to enhance the security of our Site and take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
User Rights and Choices
Opting Out of Receiving Email and Text Message Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request (as soon as reasonably practicable).
If you wish to stop receiving text messages from us, reply STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, OPT-OUT, or UNSUBSCRIBE to any text message sent from us. For more information, see our Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions available at https://www.stone-env.com/mobilemessaging.
Do No Track Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that "do not track" requests are sent to the websites you visit. We respect your wishes and will not track user activity once "do not track" signals have been activated.
Data Protection Rights
When using our Site and submitting personal data to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- To access and receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- To rectify any personal data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of personal data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Stone Environmental. You can request a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
- You have the right, at any time, to object to us using your personal information
You can obtain a copy of, correct, or request deletion of personal data you provide by contacting us by email or mail (please see "Contact Us" below for additional information).
Updates to this Policy
Stone Environmental, Inc.
535 Stone Cutters Way
Montpelier, Vermont 05602
Phone: (802) 229-2193